SEG | AAPG IMAGE 2023
The American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), The Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG), and the Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM) are excited to present the third International Meeting for Applied Geoscience and Energy (IMAGE) in Houston, Texas, at the George R. Brown Convention Center.
The International Meeting for Applied Geoscience and Energy will take place 28 August–1 September 2023
Details about days, times and registrations will be coming soon.
SEPM Conference Events
- Texas Costal Processes — Brazos River Delta to Galveston Island
Join SEPM along ~35 miles of the SE Texas coastline from the Brazos River Delta and along the barrier islands of Follets and Galveston Islands provide locations to observe coastal sedimentological processes and their resultant deposits. The trip will look at the various processes that shape the coastline and the characteristics of the sediments that are deposited. The trip will observe processes on the beach, recent erosion, various styles of washover deposits, different types of delta systems and sand ridges.
- Eagle Ford and Austin Unconventional Reservoirs --- The objectives of this trip will be to provide the delegates the opportunity to examine world class exposures of the Eagle Ford and Austin Groups in West Texas. These outcrops will serve as props to discuss the challenges associated with finding and exploiting the sweet spots of these unconventional reservoirs based on their sequence stratigraphy, chemo-stratigraphy, mechanical stratigraphy, chrono-stratigraphy, and product type of the respective reservoirs.
- Identification of Siliciclastic Depositional Environments in Outcrops, Cores, Seismic, and Well Logs | Sunday, August 27 - Monday, August 28
- Sequence Stratigraphy for Graduate Students | Sunday, August 27 - Monday, August 28
- Advanced Sequence Stratigraphic Applications for Exploration and Development | Sunday, August 27 - Monday, August 28
- Advances in the Understanding and Interpretation of Carbonates | Sunday, August 27 - Monday, August 28 SEPM_CO3_2ndAnnoun_March.pdf
- Seismic Stratigraphy and Geomorphology for Graduate Students Using Petrel | Friday, September 1
Research Group Meetings - Tentative Schedules
- SEPM Carbonate Research Group Tuesday, August 29, 7:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m.
- SEPM Clastic Diagenesis Group Tuesday, August 29, 7:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m
- SEPM Micropaleontology/NAMS Research Group Tuesday, August 29, 7:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m.
SEPM will be located at the Exhibit Hall. Please stop by to say hello, purchase a book or ask any membership questions.