The Society for Sedimentary Geology
SEPM is a 501c3 non-profit society that focuses on the dissemination of
information about and research in sedimentary geoscience and related fields. SEPM enriches professionals and students with membership levels and resources for connecting, networking, publishing and growing intellectually.
The Formation of SEPM
SEPM was formed in 1926.
How We Operate
As a nonprofit, SEPM is managed by an Executive Director and Staff, volunteer governing Council and is supported by our publications, conference, continuing education and membership revenue. We also manage SEPM STRATA, an online sedimentary geoscience learning platform, as well as our SEPM Foundation, used to raise funds to support the Society’s activities, including student grants.
SEPM manages, sells, edits and operates several bespoke scientific publications:
- The Journal of Sedimentary Research (JSR)
- The Sedimentary Record
- Bookstore & Special Publications
SEPM is proud to share sedimentary geoscience research amongst more than 80+ countries. In addition to supporting worldwide members through our Ambassador program, we provide membership levels for Emeritus, Sustaining, Professional, Early Career Professional and Student. We also provide discounted membership rates to certain qualifying and countries.
SEPM's mission is to create, share and disseminate sedimentary geology in the community. In addition to public meetings, teaching opportunities, workshops and conferences, we engage with a variety of geological partners including:
- GSA - Sedimentary Geology Division
- AAPG - American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- AGU - American Geophysical Union
- IAS - International Association of Sedimentologists
- AGI - American Geosciences Institute
- CSPG - Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists
- IUGS - International Union of Geological Sciences
Questions? Please contact our team.