It’s that time of year! Late each fall, SEPM Staff connects directly with SEPM members to encourage your renewal with our Society.
As a society, it’s our mission to focus on enriching professionals and students within the field of sedimentary geology. We are dedicated to dissemination and education so that in your professional career, you have opportunities to connect, network, publish and grow.
We’d love to recap all that we have done for you this very strange and stressful year, but the list feels endless! Below are a few highlights, as well as details about your unique member benefits and the actual renewal process:
- SEPM Annual Meeting at AAPG Virtual ACE – an excellent SEPM Research Symposium
- 2020 President’s Awards Ceremony – had to do it Virtually
- Regular Research Group Gatherings with Deep Water, Clastics, Carbonate and our new Planetary group
- Council created a DEI Committee to review the issues
- Conducted a detailed member survey and our first demographic survey of membership
- Enhanced our social media and website
- Launched a blog and opportunity for users to submit content to share with our membership
- Of course continued to publish articles in JSR, PALAIOS and several new books
Different levels of membership include different perks, however, the below benefits are available to all SEPM members. Be sure to read your registration form carefully when renewing to select the correct category of your 2021 membership. Benefits include:
- Discount pricing for SEPM book publications (~40% off list price).
- Discount registration fees for SEPM activities such as Research Conferences and Annual Meetings (includes AAPG and GSA Annual Conventions).
- Optional online access to the world-class science in the SEPM journals (JSR and PALAIOS), the SEPM Book Archive I and SEPM GeoFacets Millennium Edition.
- Receive news and timely topics presented in The Sedimentary Record, the Society's online magazine.
- Regular SEPM membership communications, including topical email announcements.
- Opportunities to submit your content to our SEPM blog, social media or website for peer promotion and review.
- Participation and networking in a vibrant international community in its promotion of the full spectrum of sedimentary geoscience.
- More than 250 topical sessions and thought-provoking special lectures, short courses, webinars and field trips.
How to Renew
You will receive an email from SEPM headquarters with detailed instructions on how to renew your SEPM membership for 2021, if you have not already.
Once received, you will be provided links to the renewal form, including your custom username and ID for login purposes. Be sure to update or confirm your correct contact information, and select “Auto Renew” to go ahead and take care of this process for 2022 and beyond!
You may also check out our quick video tutorial below to walk through the renewal process.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com for more details or for information your membership process.