The Sedimentary Record
The Sedimentary Record
The Sedimentary Record is a short-format, peer-reviewed, diamond open access journal for all sub-disciplines related to soft rock geosciences. It is published online, sponsored by the SEPM Society for Sedimentary Geology. Articles are free to publish and free to read for everyone, and authors retain copyrights.
Follow us on Twitter @TheSedRecord for updates.
- doi: 10.2110/sedred.2021.3
- ISSN 1543-8740
- Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Current Issue - Volume 21
- Use of Remote-Sensing to Quantify the Distribution of Progradation/erosion Along a Forced-Regressive Modern Coastline: Driving Factors and Impact on the Stratigraphic Record
Valentin Zuchuat, Miquel Poyatos-Moré, Björn Nyberg, Rachel A. Nanson, Stephen Sagar, Leo Lymburner, Robbi Bishop-Taylor
- Morphodynamic Preservation of Fluvial Channel Belts
Benjamin T. Cardenas, Michael P. Lamb, Zane R. Jobe, David Mohrig, John M. Swartz
- The Incompleteness Fallacy: The Stratigraphic Record Is Not an Imperfect Archive of Earth’s History
Angela M. Hessler, PhD
The full archive of The Sedimentary Record may be found online.
Benefits of publishing in the Sedimentary Record
- Diamond Open Access: authors can publish open access, full color articles at no charge
- Exposure to a global, diverse readership, including promotion by SEPM digital marketing
- Rapid peer review process from at least two reviewers
Author guidelines and manuscript submission
Extensive details regarding TSR submissions may be found here.
The Sedimentary Record is now using a continuous publishing process. There will be no deadlines to submit a manuscript to a specific issue. Accepted manuscripts will be published online as soon as they have passed the review process and have been formatted for online publishing. The date an article is posted will be its official date of publication. *These deadlines are subject to change as TSR adapts with the culture of open access publishing.
Please direct questions or comments to the editors:
- Jenn Pickering
- Jeong-Hyun Lee
- Howard Harper, SEPM Executive Director
Meet the Editors!
Watch this quick overview of SEPM's TSR to learn more about the journal, editing team and publications process.