Program under development!
Abstract Submission Coming Soon!
SEPM International Sedimentary Geosciences Congress – 2020
26-29 April, 2020 - Flagstaff, AZ, USA
'The Past is the Key to the Future'
The “Past” of sedimentary geosciences being the Sedimentary Record, SEPM, in conjunction with IAS and SGD/GSA, invites you to submit Session Topic Proposals (and potentially related fieldtrip and/or workshop) to the International Sedimentary Geosciences Congress in Flagstaff (SEPM2020).
To foster continued interaction between the many sub-disciplines of sedimentary geosciences, Sessions should be proposed under the umbrella of two broadly designed themes:
Geodynamic and tectonic evolution of the continents and their margins: implications for ancient depositional systems.
Ocean-atmospheric controls on surface processes: evolution of life, landscapes, and the sedimentary record.
Currently proposed topics for trips and courses/workshops
Potential Bucket List Field Trips
- Death Valley
- Grand Canyon – Colorado River -The Powell Experience
- Lower Cretaceous Fluvial Architecture – Utah
- Deep Water Stratigraphy – California Coast
- Kaiparowitz Plateau - Utah
- Ice Age Fossils and Valley of Fire State Park - Las Vegas
- Border rift basins - Arizona and New Mexico
- Convergent Margins: Franciscan Wedge to Sierra Nevada Batholith
Potential Workshops/Short Courses
- New isotopic/geochemical tools for carbonate sedimentology
- Diagenesis in Sandstones
- Integrated approaches in provenance
- Application of Molecular Geochemistry
- Ocean chemistry and carbonate sediment production
- Digital Rock Physics and modeling
- Time in the Stratigraphic Record
- Detrital Zircon Tools