First Class Professor
University Bordeaux 1
UMR 5805 EPOC
Avenue des Facultés
33405 Talence cedex
Graduated in Geology (1988); Master in geotechnics (1989); Doctor (1992) in Mining and Civil engineering (Nancy; Institut National Polytechnique de Lorraine).
Ressearch associate In Ifremer (1992); Atlantic Geoscience Center, Halifax, Canada (1993-1995), Cardiff University of Wales (1995-1997).
Lecturer and Professor in Bordeaux since 1997.
- Clastic sedimentology
- Turbidite system
- Marine sedimentation and facies
- Carbonate slopes
- Marine Geotechnics
- Deep-sea Turbidite system
- Deep-sea gravity processes and deposits
- Contourites and contour currents
- Turbidite and turbidity currents
- Mass-flow deposits
- Mass-transport Deposits and Complexes
- Flood deposits in marine basins
- Submarine slope failures
Areas of expertise
Recent systems: Var, Nile fans and Mediterranean, Gulf of Cadiz, Bahamas, Saguenay; Capbreton/Cap-Ferret systems; Zaire and Ogooué fans Ancient systems: Annot sandstone, Basque Country flysch, Aberystwyth Grits
- Field sedimentology, sequence stratigraphy, deep-sea sedimentology and marine sedimentation (Master).
- Earth structure and Dynamics, General Geology, Microtectonics (undergraduate).