The 2015 SEPM Annual Meeting Organizing Committee
SEPM Vice Chair
SEPM Field Trip Chair
SEPM Short Course Chair
SEPM Awards (Judging) Chair
SEPM Sponsorship Chair
SEPM Events at the AAPG ACE & SEPM Annual Meeting
May 31-June 3, 2015, Denver, CO
(Register at http://ace.aapg.org/2015
SEPM Short Courses
SEPM Field Trips
- SC 4 - Sequence-Stratigraphic Analysis of Mudstones: Key to Paleoclimate Archives, Subsurface Fluid Flow, and Hydrocarbon Source. Date: Saturday, May 30, 2015
- SC 8 - Sequence Stratigraphy for Graduate Students. Dates: Saturday and Sunday, May 30-31, 2015
- SC 14 - Seismic Geomorphology and Seismic Stratigraphy: Extracting Geologic Insights from 3D Seismic. Data. Dates: Sunday, May 31, 2015.
- SC 15 - Microbialites and Lacustrine Depositional Systems. Date: Sunday, May 31, 2015.
- SC 18 - Mudrock Petrology and Pore-Scale Imaging. Date: Thursday, June 4
- FT 2 - Paleontology and Volcanic Setting of the Florissant Fossil Beds. Dates: Saturday, 30 May, 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
SEPM Special Activities
- FT 6 - Geology of Exposures along the Rocky Mountain Front Range, Morrison to Golden, Colorado, Including Stratigraphy, Environments of Deposition, Structure, Paleontology and Economic Geology. Dates: Sunday, 31 May, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- FT 7 - Reservoirs and Traps of the Laramide Rockies Petroleum System. AAPG Student Chapter/SEPM Student Field Trip. Dates: Wednesday, 3 June, 2:30 p.m. - Friday, 5 June, 8:00 p.m.
- FT 8 - Wasatch-Green River Fluvial-Lacustrine Field Trip, Piceance and Uinta Basins, Colorado and Utah. Dates: Wednesday, 3 June, 3:30 p.m. - Sunday, 7 June, 3:30 p.m.
- FT 11 - From Seaways to Gasways: The last 100 million years in the Denver Basin. Dates: Thursday, 4 June, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- FT 14 - Mechanisms of Petroleum Generation: Geochemical Field Trip & Lab Demonstration Focusing On the Green River Petroleum System, Uinta Basin, Utah. Dates: Thursday, 4 June, 8:00 a.m. -Sunday, 7 June, 4:00 p.m.
(in addition to the SEPM sponsored Technical Sessions)
Ice Breaker, 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm, SEPM Booth, Exhibit Hall
SEPM Research Symposium - Post Session (All day)
AAPG/SEPM Student Reception, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Hyatt Regency
SEPM Research Groups, 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Grand Hyatt
SEPM Research Symposium - Oral Sessions (All Day)
SEPM Luncheon, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm. Joe Macquaker - "Diagensis: The underappreciated factor controlling mudstone variability…"
SEPM President's Reception and Awards Ceremony, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Grand Hyatt.