SEPM Carbonates Research Group
Who is this community?
The carbonate research group focuses on carbonate rocks, namely limestones and dolomites. Discussions include trends in facies modelling, isotope geochemistry, carbonate mineralogy, non-marine carbonate depositional environments and carbonate deposition and diagenesis.
Date: Monday, August 29th from 7 - 10 PM CDT
Location: George R. Brown Convention Center, Room 381 B
The SEPM Carbonate Research Group Meeting will take place in conjunction with IMAGE'21 in Houston, TX.
Don't forget to visit the SEPM Booth in Houston!
The SEPM Carbonate Research Group Meeting took place as a hybrid event both remotely and in-person in conjunction with IMAGE'21 in Denver, CO.
HOT TOPIC DISCUSSIONS
- Lacustrine Microbial Mineralization: Dr. Maxwell Pommer, Premier Oilfield Group
- Tsunami Event Deposits: Dr. John D. Pigott, University of Oklahoma
This year in lieu of student posters students shared a 2 minute overview of their research topics, including their university, advisors and collaborators, contact information, and a brief overview of their project.
- Ashley Scott, Western Michigan University, USA
- Indah Putri, KAUST, Saudi Arabia
- Ahmad Ihsan Ramdani, KAUST, Saudi Arabia
- Sara Hayes, Western Michigan, USA
- Ariel Martin, Western Michigan, USA
- Gaurav Siddharth Gairola, KAUST, Saudi Arabia
The CRG Organizers
Buddy Price, University of Texas, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cecilia Lopez-Gamundi, University of Miami, email@example.com
Sarah Giles, Columbia University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Please contact the Research Group Organizers (above) or Cassie Turley at SEPM headquarters.