I am having trouble registering. Can someone help?
Registration process outline - follow this outline when registration officially opens!
- The online registration is located here: 2020 ISGC Registration Page.
- If you are an SEPM member you can sign in with your user name (member number + 0) and your current password. There are 'helps' in case you forgot your user name or password.
- If you are not an SEPM Member you can go here to join SEPM and pay the member rates for the meeting OR if you are a member of IAS or SGD of GSA you can go to JOIN NOW header link for the ISGC Meeting only link to receive the member rate for the meeting.
- If you are not a member of SEPM, IAS, or SGD of GSA you will need to create a new account for this meeting.
- To sign in as a non-SEPM member use the email as username and the password you created for the account.
- Once you have signed in or if you have created a new account you will be on the registration page.
- The main registration fee assigned is based on your account information (society membership) and the Early Bird versus later fees.
- You can then also chose additional meeting options under the Optional Events for field trips, workshops or short courses. Make sure that you answer the additional questions about diets or medical issues. If you are signing up for a field trip, short course or workshop please do not make your final travel arrangements until after March 13th when any cancellations will be posted.
- Proceed to Checkout and review your selections. Use the left carrot to see the details of your selections and click on the 2020 International Sedimentary Geoscience Congress link to make any changes (add or remove items)
- By registering for this meeting you are agreeing to follow the SEPM Code of Conduct.
- Enter your credit card information and submit your registration. Please make sure your “card address” matches the billing address for the card or choose another address to make sure they match.
What is the registration cancellation policy?
• Cancellations received before January 31, 2020 will be refunded in full.
• Cancellations between January 31, 2020 and March 1, 2020 will be refunded, minus a $300 cancellation fee. Students will be refunded half of the paid registration fee. If a trip, course, or workshop has been paid for but later cancelled, it will be fully refunded.
• Cancellations made after April 11, 2019 (2 weeks prior to the conference start date) are not refundable.
• To cancel your registration, please contact us.
I can no longer attend. Can I give my registration to a colleague?
You may transfer your registration to a colleague up to one week before the event at no charge. Contact us to request a swap.
Are kids allowed at the ISGC 2020 SEPM Conference?
Due to insurance and convention center rules, all SEPM attendees must be at least 16 years of age and officially registered for the conference.
if you need child care assistance while in Flagstaff, please check out Kingdom Kids*. Offering hourly playtime for children ages 1-12 years old. Attendees need to call and reserve spots, check rates, and pay for child care services. SEPM is not affiliated with Kingdom Kids. Reservations are required. Hours of operation are:
• Monday - Thursday 6:30am - 9:00pm
• Friday 6:30am – 10:00pm
• Saturday 8:00am – 10:00pm
• Closed Sunday
Where is the conference being held, and what are the hotel options?
ISGC SEPM 2020 is being held at High Country Conference Center in Flagstaff, AZ USA. We are pleased to offer discounted rates at the below hotels. Room quantities are limited, so please book your stay directly with the hotel as soon as possible.
Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff (must make reservations prior to April 3rd to receive group rate). Reservations may also be made by calling 1-800-325-0720 and refer to your group number 2367656. https://www.druryhotels.com/bookandstay/newreservation/?groupno=2367656
Courtyard Flagstaff (must make reservations prior to March 25th to receive group rate). Link below, phone number +1-928-774-5800. Group is SEPM ISGC 2020.
How do I change/update my hotel reservation?
Please contact the hotel directly to make any changes to your reservation.
What is the hotel cancellation policy?
Please refer to the cancellation policy as noted during the hotel reservation process. Cancellation policies vary based on which hotel you choose.
I want to extend my trip. What are my options to book additional nights at the hotel before and/or after the conference?
If you want to arrive early, or stay late, contact the hotel directly to check on availability and current rates outside of the official conference dates.
What is the closest airport?
Flagstaff Pulliam Airport (airport code FLG) is the closest airport, approximately 5.5 miles from the High Country Conference Center (Northern Arizona University)
When should I plan to arrive and depart?
We recommend arriving prior to the Sunday Plenary speaker and the Icebreaker Sunday Evening. Official registration at the Conference Center will open at 12:00 noon Saturday, April 25th. You can pick up your badge, stop by the exhibits and the technical conference begins Monday morning at 8:00 AM. If you are attending the optional pre or post conference workshops, short courses, or field trips, please plan your travel according to the additional added registration options.
Note that if you are registering for a pre or post meeting event that those events will be officially reviewed ~ 6 weeks prior to the meeting and an event may be cancelled due to low registration. So please book your travel accordingly to avoid change fees.
Are there any policies I should be aware of as part of the 2020 ISGC SEPM conference?
SEPM has a detailed Code of Conduct which addresses all forms of harassment which are not acceptable behavior at any SEPM activity, including online or face to face events. This Code is located at https://www.sepm.org/Code of Conduct. All SEPM Members and attendees at SEPM activities must adhere to this Code of Conduct.
Is transportation provided to/from Flagstaff or Phoenix Airports?
You will need to arrange your own transportation to and from Flagstaff or Phoenix Airports. In Flagstaff, Lyft and Uber are available for short trips (as well as taxi services). Plan for a 10 minute trip from Flagstaff Airport to the High Country Conference Center or nearby hotel. From Phoenix, Groome Shuttle Transportation is around $100 USD round trip/$50 USD each way from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport to Flagstaff, AZ. It can take 2 ½ to 3 hours (144 miles) via shuttle and the route is scenic and beautiful! Advanced reservations are highly recommended for all shuttle transportation.
Is parking available at the High Country Conference Center, NAU?
The convention center has complementary parking for conference attendees. Driving directions to the parking garage from multiple highways can be found on the HCCC page here.
Which meals are included as part of the registration fee?
• Morning and Afternoon refreshment breaks will be available for attendees.
• Lunch will be provided each day of the conference (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) with all registered attendees.
• Wednesday Evening Dinner (April 29th) will be included with all attendee registrations.
I have dietary restrictions. What are my options?
Please specify any dietary restrictions when you register for the conference. If you skipped this section, please contact SEPM HQ offices at 918-994-6216.
I have an ADA accommodation. Who can assist me?
If you’d like to check on ADA accessibility prior to registering, please contact us at 918-994-6216.
Will you have a room available for nursing mothers?
Although no children are allowed in the conference center, we will have private rooms available at the convention center for nursing mothers. Please contact any member of SEPM HQ staff and we will direct you to the location of room(s) at the High Country Conference Center.
Can I bring my spouse or children?
Due to insurance and conference center rules, conference attendees must be age 16 or older, and all require a conference registration for admittance. See childcare information above.
What is the conference dress code?
Business casual for all daytime and evening events. We recommend dressing in layers as the conference rooms can run cool or hot throughout the day.
Still have a question? Contact SEPM HQ - Theresa or Cassie!