Beginning in 2011, book reviews for topics on sedimentary geology will be listed in the quarterly Sedimentary Record
and the full review will appear online here under the Sedimentary Record
menu. Prior to 2011, Book Reviews can be found under JSR
webpages and reviews on paleontological topics can found under PALAIOS
webpages. Paleontological book reviews will continue to be handled by PALAIOS editors. See the bottom of the page to submit a book for review.
· The geology of sedimentary sequences (2nd edition) by Andrew D. Miall, 2010.
· Deserts and desert environments, by Julie Laity, 2008.
· Rocknocker - a geologist's memoir, by George Devries Klein, 2009.
· Petroleum geological atlas of the southern Permian Basin area, edited by H. Doornenbal and A. Stevenson, 2010.
· Geobiology - microbial mats in sandy deposits from the Archean era to today, by Nora Noffke, 2010
· Petrology of sedimentary rocks (2nd ed.), by Sam Boggs Jr., 2009
· Inland drift sand landscapes, edited by Josef Fanta & Henk Siepel, 2010
· The revolution in geology from the Renaissance to the Enlightenment, edited by Gary D. Rosenberg, 2009
· Neritic carbonate sediments in a temperate realm - southern Austrailia, by Noel James and Yvonne Bone, 2011
· Physical Principles of sedimentary basins analysis, by Magnus Wangen, 2010
· Erosion and sedimentation, by Pierre Julien, 2010
· Deep-sea Sediments, edited by H. Huneke and T. Mulder, 2011.
Fjord systems and archives, edited by J. Howe, W. Austin, M. Forwick and M. Paetzel, 2011
· The Battle for North Carolina's Coast, by S. Riggs, D. Ames, S. Culver and D. Mallinson, 2011.
· San Juan Basin gas field and reservoirs, by Donald E. Owen & Charles F. Head, Edited by Richard A. Ashmore, 2011
· Atlas of sedimentary structures in estuarine and tidally-influenced river deposits of the Rhine-Meuse-Scheldt system , by Allard W. Martinius & J.H. (Janrik) van den Berg, 2011.
· Ice-marginal and periglacial processes and sediments, edited by I.P. Martini, H.M. French & A. Perez-Alberti, 2011.
· The geological record of Neoproterozoic glaciations, edited by Emmanuelle Arnaud, Galen P. Halverson & Graham Shields-Zhou, 2011.
Principles of tidal sedimentology, edited by Richard A. Davis Jr. & Robert W. Dalrymple, 2011.
· Geology underfoot, in Yellowstone country, by Marc S. Hendrix, 2011.
· The global cryosphere - past, present and future, by Roger G. Barry & Thian Yew Gan, 2011
· Sedimentary rocks in the field - a practical guide (4th ed.), by M.E. Tucker, 2011.
· Mélanges - Processes of formation and societal significance, edited by John Wakabayashi & Yildirim Dilek, 2011.
· Salt tectonics, sediments and prospectivity, edited by G.I. Alsop, S.G. Archer, A.J. Hartley, N.T. Grant & R. Hodgkinson, 2012
· Mineralogical and geochemical approaches to provenance, edited by E. Troy Rasbury, Sidney R. Hemming & Nancy R. Riggs, 2012
· The Baltic Sea Basin, edited by Jan Harff, Svente Björck & Peer Hoth, 2011
· Landslides - types, mechanisms and modelling, edited by John J. Clague & Douglas Stead, 2012
· Trace fossils as indicators of sedimentary environments, edited by D. Knaust & R.G. Bromley, 2012
· Bootstrap geologist - my life in science, by Gene Shinn, 2013