To the University of HoustonThe University of Houston is located to the southeast of downtown Houston.
From Hobby Airport (Google Map http://goo.gl/maps/J92eP)
1. Follow the exit signs from airport to I-45 North
2. Stay on I-45 North
3. Exit Elgin-Lockwood Cullen (44a)
4. Turn Left on Elgin at the stoplight
5. Go under overpass, turn left at stoplight onto TX-5 Spur S
6. Turn right onto University Drive
7. Continue on University Drive, cross Calhoun Rd.
8. Welcome Center and visitors booth are located on the left at Entrance 1
From George Bush Intercontinental Airport/Houston (IAH) (Google Map http://goo.gl/maps/3K1xf)
1. Head west on N Terminal Rd toward S Terminal Rd
2. Continue onto Jetero Blvd/Will Clayton Pkwy. Continue to follow Will Clayton Pkwy
3. Turn right onto 4th St/Eastex Freeway Service Rd
4. Take the ramp on the left onto US-59 S
5. Take the exit onto I-45 S toward Galveston
6. Take exit 44B toward State Route 5 S
7. Merge onto TX-5 Spur S
8. Turn right onto University Drive
9. Continue on University Drive, cross Calhoun Rd.
10. Welcome Center and visitors booth are located on the left at Entrance 1
At the University of HoustonThe conference takes place in two buildings:
- The UH Hilton, the host hotel where poster sessions and lunch will be offered.
- The Science and Engineering Classroom Building (SEC), where the oral sessions will be held.
The locations of these buildings is on the campus map below (click for a larger map).
Parking on Campus
- Campus Garages:
are two big parking garages that cost $9 a day but they are covered and
relatively more secure than the open lots. One is directly across
from the hotel and one is at the corner of Cullen and Holman and across
the street from SEC 100 (see map). Both parking garages have "visitor
parking" entrances that are well labelled. Overnight field trip
participants should plan to park at a visitor garage and NOT the hotel
garage. while away on the trip.
- Campus Lots: Because
the conference occurs during UH Spring Break, attendees can also park in
any student lot if they purchase a permit at one of the two information
centers for $3 per day. One information center is across the street
from the hotel and the other is by the baseball field, alumni center,
and SEC (see map).
- Hotel Garage: The hotel has overnight parking for $15/ night which would be the most secure but generally requires that you are a guest at the hotel. Overnight field trip participants who stayed at the UH Hilton should plan to move their car to a visitor garage when they check out.
Directions for Double Tree Hotel guestsSome conference attendees will be staying off campus at the nearby Double Tree Hotel at Houston Hobby Airport.
The directions from this hotel to campus is similar to the directions from Hobby Airport. Google Map directions here.
Transportation Assistance on CampusTwo electric golf carts driven by student volunteers will be available to transport those with walking distant limitations between the Hotel and the meeting venues.